International Passenger Survey (IPS) is a government body that measures average immigration count to the UK of a particular period. This survey calculates the applications which conform to a stay of at least 12 months. There are various reasons for which people from another part of the globe tend to move to London.
London's economic wealth and the market is the primary reason for which people move from their place. The requirements of skilled form a prime factor of drawing migrants from EU and non-EU countries. Researchers suggest that demand for both high and low skilled has been continually increasing because of steady economic growth and need for specialists to accomplish specific work types. Moreover, income inequality in the UK has influenced from across the globe because outsiders vision high incomes on this foreign land.
In the year 2016, it was reported that non-British citizens immigrated to Britain given work. Approx. 50 percent of immigrant population pitched in for work, around 27 percent for studies while 17 percent was reported to migrate due to family reasons. It confirms that a relatively large share of foreign people gained permanent or long-term residence rights in the UK. These statistics exclude EU citizens who exercise free movement rights, out of which most people turn up for work.
The following section underlines some facts and figures about immigration to London -
- It is estimated that an average of 495,000 non-British citizens moved to the UK from the year 2010 to 2016 with the intention of staying for 12 months or longer.
- International migration in London is majorly influenced by its economic and market.
- The other factors like language, established networks and study opportunities also significantly influence people to migrate to London.
- Researchers estimate that the UK leads in the number of migrants arriving each year in comparison to that of other EU countries. However, UK has still a lower number of migrants regarding the population in absoluteness or share.
- The migration flow gets affected not only by immigration policy, however other policies related to employment and trade also drives influence.
Are you planning to move out of London? Then perhaps, you should seek consultation from an experienced and expert immigration consultant who can direct you to the legal document filing procedures. Consultants is an immigration consultancy firm in London which has helped thousands of migrants to successfully attain VISA and move out of the country without abolishing any rules.