Tuesday, 13 March 2018

How is L1 Visa Different from Other Types of Visas?

Are you an employer? Are you willing to establish or expand your business in the U.S.? If so, then send your experienced high-level employees to the U.S. and help your business grow. In this regard, L1 visa can help. L1 visa permits the temporary transfer of a foreign worker who is in a managerial, executive or specialized category to continue his/her employment in the U.S. for the same employer, its parent branch, affiliate or subsidiary. L1 visa holder is also known as an intracompany transferee. Earlier the benefits of L1 visa were earned only by multi-national companies. However, today small or start-up companies also enjoy its benefits to expand their services and business to the U.S.

Difference Between L1 Visa and Other Visas

L1 Visa vs B Visa

L1 Visa
B1 Visa
A L1 visa holder candidate can be employed in the U.S.
B1 visa holder cannot be employed in the U.S.
Duration of Stay
L1 A- 7 years
L1 B- 5 years
B1 visa grants permission for an official stay of 6 months which can be further extended to another 6 months.
Dual Intent
Not allowed
Not required
Spouse and minor children who are unmarried and are under the age of 21 years can accompany L1 visa holder. L2 visa holder’s spouse can get EAD and employment in the U.S.
B1 visa has no provision for the dependents. B2 visa holders can be accompanied by dependents on a tourist visa, but there is no dependent visa for them. Also, B2 visa holders are not allowed to work in the U.S.

L1 Visa vs E Visa

L1 Visa
E Visa
There’s no requirement of treaty for L1 visa holders. These visa holders can hail from any country.
E visa is solely for treaty traders and investors who want to establish trade between the country they are employed to and the U.S. It is compulsory for a treaty to exist between the foreign country and the U.S.
Ownership or Control
As long as qualifying organization criteria is met, there is no requirement for majority ownership or control.
It is mandatory for E visa holder to hold majority ownership or control of the investing or trading company.
Worker Citizenship
The candidate can be the citizen of any country.
The candidate should be a citizen of the treaty country from where the E status is sought.
Not required.

If you are looking for an expert visa consultancy in London, then connect with the experienced professionals of Stratix Consultants. They can help you will all minor details of visas and assist you in acquire one. For more information book an appointment now!

No comments:

Post a Comment