Alfalfa sprouts germinate from alfalfa seeds and are a rich source of nutrients. These are commonly found in oriental dishes and are usually added to soups, sandwiches, and salads. Sprouts are full of benefits and are healthier because many enzymes are brought out during the process of sprouting. In comparison to the unsprouted seeds, sprouts contain considerably large amounts of protein, vitamins, minerals and a lower proportion of starch. On consumption, the starches turn to simple sugars and hence, are easier to digest.
What is Nutritional Value of Alfalfa Sprouts?
Alfalfa Sprouts contain minimal calories and are perfect supplementals which can be added to a create a nutritious meal. A 100-gram serving of alfalfa sprouts has a daily value percentage of:
· 23 calories
· 3.99 grams protein
· 2.1 grams carbohydrates
· 1.9 grams fiber
· 0.69 grams fat
· 0.2-milligram manganese (9 percent DV)
· 0.1-milligram thiamine (5 percent DV)
· 30.5 micrograms vitamin K (38 percent DV)
· 8.2 milligrams vitamin C (14 percent DV)
· 36 micrograms folate (9 percent DV)
· 1-milligram iron (5 percent DV)
· 0.2-milligram copper (8 percent DV)
· 70 milligrams phosphorus (7 percent DV)
· 0.1-milligram riboflavin (7 percent DV)
· 0.9-milligram zinc (6 percent DV)
· 27 milligrams magnesium (7 percent DV)
· 155 IU vitamin A (3 percent DV)
Health Benefits of Alfalfa Sprouts
· Reduces Risk of Breast Cancer- Alfalfa sprouts contain isoflavones and other phytoestrogens, which are plant compounds. These elements mimic human estrogen. Studies prove that foods with high concentration of isoflavones help in decreasing the risk of death and recurrence of breast cancer in patients.
· Helps in Minimizing Excessive Menstruation and Menopause Symptoms- Alfalfa is a rich source of vitamin K and phytoestrogens and these help in relieving menopause and menstruation issues. It also helps in controlling excessive bleeding because vitamin K aids in blood clotting.
· Prevents Osteoporosis- Vitamin K helps in building bones stronger and hence in treating osteoporosis. Alfalfa also contains a considerable amount of manganese which is a helpful nutrient in preventing osteoporosis and inflammation.
· Helps in Treating Diabetes- Whether if there's a cure for diabetes or not, it can be regulated through diet. Alfalfa is considered as anti-diabetic because they possess the capability of lowering down blood glucose levels. It helps in decreasing the dependency on insulin by regulating blood sugar levels.
Buy Alfalfa Online
To buy vegetables from groceries online inDubai place your order through the website of My Quality & Convenience. It is an online store which sells fresh vegetables, fruits, and other grocery items. To order reach them now!